Thursday 10 April 2008

Retro Men

I dont really enjoy making cards for men, they are so hard to please! I did however buy a few stamps last year that I really like, A Mini and a VW Camper Van, very retro! I've had a go at a couple of cards. The first being the Mini using the papers again downloaded from the Epsom site. I love this brown and blue combination. I think it works really well.

I'm not sure about this next card. I stamped the VW Camper van onto the spotty paper and mounted it onto white card. I've embossed with the Happy Birthday embossing folder and cut it out in the shape of a surf board and mounted both onto co-ordinating Doodlebug cardstock. This card worked really well in my head, but I seemed to struggle transalting it onto paper!

Next is a layout I used for one of my Christmas Cards last year. I have lots of peel offs that need using up so thought this would be an ideal mens card. Ive used the circles embossing folder to tie in with the circle printed paper. I think this paper is from a Making Memories set that I bought when in USA last year. The spotty paper above is from the same set. If you ever go to America or Canada go to Michaels craft store, its the best craft shop I've ever been to!

4 comments:

kerry said...

These are brill! They look so cool & funky. My fav is all of them!!!
Kerry xx

Vicki said...

wow funkadelic or what. Love these to bits, especially the camper van. You are such a creative diva, well done Zoe xx vicki xx

Jo said...

More great cards! My favourite is the VW camper van. I love the papers you've used...it's great!

Julie said...

I don't like making men's cards either, you've done a good job though. The one with the mini's my fav