Tuesday, 29 April 2008
Monday, 28 April 2008
I think the blue one is my favourite.
I ran out of pink buttons when I got to this card. I've used a die to cut out some buttons on this card but they dont really look like buttons to me! so I just added 3 small pink papermania stones to give it a bit of sparkle.
The card does most of the work itself so I've just embellished it with some 3mm brown organza ribbon, to give the effect of strings. I've also added 3 small silver brads. The greeting is printed from the pc onto white cardstock using the "Bleeding Cowboys" font, which I've then inked in brown to give it an aged look and mounted onto mirror card to bring out the foil in the card. I saw the shape the greeting is printed on in a magazine a while ago and thought it would be perfect for this card and after much searching I found a template on the internet which I printed off and now use to draw round and cut out.
This is my second attempt with the same stack. This time I've printed the greeting off and coloured it in so it co-ordinates with the colours in the card.
And finally...this one is just made up of the bits I had left over. I cut out the guitar using my ellison die and inked it to make it look a bit grungy!
I'm pleased with how these have turned out as I really struggle with men's cards.
The backing paper is the giraffe fur paper available to download from here also thanks to Kerry for the link! I've cuttlebug'd some brown card using the Traffic Jam folder and threaded a large wooden button with a old faux suede lace. The leaves are a handmade paper I had in my stash and the brads are by papermania. I've inked all the edges in a brown ink which I think makes it stand out a bit more. I couldnt think of a suitable greeting for this card so thought I'd leave him blank so somebody else can decide what occasion he's for!
Friday, 25 April 2008
To celebrate a fantastic 20,000 hits on her blog, Tara is offering a lovely Magnolia stamp as Blog Candy. Take a look at her site...she has some gorgeous and very inspiring creations.
This open until Saturday 26 April and a winner will be chosen on Sunday 27 April.
Ooops I've left it a bit late, but this blogging takes up a lot of time!
One for the Girls!
And one for the Boys!
Thursday, 24 April 2008
Anyway if you get time, take a look at the Pink Petticoat blog. There are some fantastic cards featured on there.
Hopefully I'll be able to upload some more cards soon....
Wednesday, 23 April 2008
1. If a movie was being made of your life who would you like to be cast to play yourself? and why?
2. You are spending a whole month on a dessert island for charity and you have to choose your favourite celebrity to spend the first two weeks with & your least favourite celebrity to spend the second two weeks with, who would they be & why?
3. What are your three favourite crafting products?
4. If you could invent something to do anything what do you think it would be?5. What are the last three books that you read?
6. Qvc or create & Craft?
7. Docrafts or Dovecraft or DCWV?
8. What is your claim to fame?
1. If a movie was being made of your life who would you like to be cast to play yourself? and why? I’m gonna say Julia Roberts. No deep and meaningful reason why other than I love her films.
2. You are spending a whole month on a dessert island for charity and you have to choose your favourite celebrity to spend the first two weeks with & your least favourite celebrity to spend the second two weeks with, who would they be & why? Tom Hanks cos he’s an expert when it comes to desert islands! and Anne Robinson because I really cant stand her.
3. What are your three favourite crafting products? Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Ribbons, Anything Doodlebug!
4. If you could invent something to do anything what do you think it would be? When I think of It, I won’t tell a soul and hopefully it will make me some money!
5. What are the last three books that you read? Honestly, the last 3 books I’ve read were read to my little boy and they were, Pingu & His Friends, Seth The Squirrell and The Very Hungry Caterpillar! I’m not a big book lover, I prefer to craft in my spare time!
6. Qvc or create & Craft? QVC
7. Docrafts or Dovecraft or DCWV? DCWV
8. What is your claim to fame? When I was on a School Trip many moons ago, I saw the chap who played Nick Cotton in Eastenders. Not really a claim to fame but it’s the best I’ve got so far anyway!
Now I need to pass this on to 5 others...apologies if youve already had it!
Kerry from A Load of Old Pickle
Jo from Only Joking
Laura from Simply Pink Designs
Stacey from The Crafting Adventures of a Left Handed Blonde
Lainy from Lainy's Little Blog
Thursday, 10 April 2008
I'm not sure about this next card. I stamped the VW Camper van onto the spotty paper and mounted it onto white card. I've embossed with the Happy Birthday embossing folder and cut it out in the shape of a surf board and mounted both onto co-ordinating Doodlebug cardstock. This card worked really well in my head, but I seemed to struggle transalting it onto paper!
Next is a layout I used for one of my Christmas Cards last year. I have lots of peel offs that need using up so thought this would be an ideal mens card. Ive used the circles embossing folder to tie in with the circle printed paper. I think this paper is from a Making Memories set that I bought when in USA last year. The spotty paper above is from the same set. If you ever go to America or Canada go to Michaels craft store, its the best craft shop I've ever been to!
And the last one of this batch is a Bubbly Lola Rose. The papers are Shabby Princess and the embossing is using the Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug folder. The bubbles are embossed with holographic embossing powder.
Monday, 7 April 2008
Right I'm back so here goes...
1. I own a classic mini and with my husband, we built a mini caravan to go on the back of it! I’ll put a picture in my public gallery.
2. I really really like Sportacus from Lazytown!
3. My first ever record was Green Door by Shakin Stevens.
4. I used to be blonde! but age and children has turned me brown, with grey highlights!
5. I pierced several of my friends ears when I was a teenager.
6. I hate gardening.
7. Last year I went to America for the first time, First Class as well! Thanks to my very generous Sister-in-law.
The Lovely Lainey over at Lainy's Little Blog has very kindly awarded me with the Arte Y Pico award...thanks, I am touched!
The rules of this award are....
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity,design,interesting material,and also contributes to the blogging community,no matter what language.
2. Each award has to give the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.4. Award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.
The five blogs I choose to award......will follow later! I have to go out for now but that will at least give me time to think about it.
I dont quite know the exact rules of these awards as I'm new to blogging, but all I know is that most of the blogs I visit have already got all of these awards, so if you get them again, sorry but its a compliment!
Wednesday, 2 April 2008
I'd like to thank Debbie from Me and Lil G for giving me this award, I'm touched! As I'm fairly new to this blogging, I uderstand that I need to pass the award on to 3 people who's work inspires me. So here goes.
The first has to be you Debbie at MeandLilG
Secondly Jo King at OnlyJoking
and thirdly Nicola Bray at My Paper World
I have about 15 blogs in my favourites list that I visit daily! All of which are worthy of this award and I have to say I dont think there are any of you who don't already have it.