Sunday 24 October 2010

Birthday Candles

Well I thought I'd try something different and this is what happened! I'm not sure where the inspiration came from for this card! It seems to have worked out well though. Well this was the second attempt at it! The first attempt is the second card, my least favourite! I started out by making my own candle template so that I could cut them all the same! For the first card I've used My Mind's Eye Papers, another recent favourite of mine! I've added some faux stitching to all the edges. The sentiment is from a 99p studio G stamp set! That was so worth the money! I dont have many sentiment stamps and I use this one all the time, as you may have noticed, lol! Adding the buttons to this card was a bit of an after thought, but I think they work well.
I think I'll have a go at making this card in some girly papers too.
Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Two great cards Zoe. I love your candles, they're so effective.

Vicky said...

Zoe these cards are fantastic hun!, love the design and the papers are gorgeous!. Love the buttons and the faux stitching looks fab,
hugs Vicky xx

Victoria said...

Fab cards Zoe. Love your handmade candle template! The buttons finish your card off perfectly!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

debby4000 said...

Oh these are fabulous Zoe
luv
Debby

coops said...

2 brilliant cards zoe.love the candles and fab faux stitching :D

xx coops xx

Jules said...

Hi Zoe

Both cards are lovely .. .. but I think I too am drawn to the first one. I think it is because I love the papers you have used.

So nice to come up with a card that will do for anyone depending on what papers you use.

You sentiment is lovely. Bargain at 99p!!

Love Jules xx

Ruth M said...

I love your candles Zoe, great colour scheme too! The buttons add such a nice touch!

Michelle Short said...

Great designs Zoe, I LOVE it! The top one is my fave too, i love the colours and the buttons work really well. I hope you are well xx