Thursday 14 October 2010

My Second Nappy Cake

I really struggled for inspiration when shopping for this nappy cake. All the colours in the shops, were pink, pink, pink and pink and more pink, no lovely bright colours, so this was my best choice of all the pinks! and this is what I came up with. The little comforter on top has a cute brown bear hugging a pink blanket. I've taken this as it was the only other colour and found some ribbon to match which I've added to the top and middle tiers. These nappy cakes make such a wonderful gift, I don't know of a new mum who wouldn't love to get one! I got a real sense of achievement once it was all finished! The recipient was absolutely thrilled with it, I'm pleased to say! I'd love to make these more often, but they do work out to be quite expensive.

8 comments:

debby4000 said...

oh this is wonderful
luv
Debby

coops said...

wow this great zoe.love the colours and the little bear on the top.a stunning gift :D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

OMG this is amazing sweetie, i wouldnt want to use it at all, big hugs Pops x

Highland Monkey's said...

I do wish these had been around when I had my kids they are so lovely. Yours is so nice and neat.

clare said...

This is gorgeous hun..love the pink and brown colour combo..and im not surprised she loved it!

Don't give up...keep up the gorgeous cakes!!

Hugs Clare xx

Michelle Short said...

This is beautiful Zoe, a real work of art. I am not surprised the recipient loved it! xx

Sue said...

This is so gorgeous. I would love to have received one of these when I had my babies.x

aud47 said...

Hello.:-)

That was a wonderful gift to a little babygirl.
I whant to make a cake like that.