Wednesday 27 October 2010

A slightly early Gruffalo Halloween!

Good evening! I thought I'd pop on and quickly this evening as I wanted to share with you my latest creation. My Gruffalo Pumpkin! I took my boys to a Halloween event this afternoon in our local community centre where they had a a few tables with crafts, cakes etc. There was also a pumpkin carving competition. My 4 year old wasn't atall interested in helping carve or empty the pumpkin. He didnt want to put his hands in the slime! I spent last night looking for an idea. I've made Ghosts, Bats, Spiders and a vampire in the past. I wanted to stick to something quite simple this year. Last year's went a bit wrong! I ended up holding it together with wire! My son seems to have a bit of an obsession for The Gruffalo at the moment, so I thought I would indulge him! Funnily enough, there's not many Gruffalo pumpkin carving templates on the internet. I did however, manage to find a mask template, which is what I used to create my Gruffalo face!And here is the handsome fella! I'm actually really pleased how he turned out, and how simple he was to carve. There were a few extra details I could have carved out, but for fear of totally ruining it, I held back and kept it simple! He seemed to go down really well, my little boy absolutely loves him! I even won a bottle of wine for my efforts!
Here is a pic of my boys all dressed up in their glow in the dark matching outfits!
I have another pumpkin which I plan on carving for Sunday night. Think we will just go for a silly face next time though!

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

clare said...

What a fab pumpkin..your so clever!
I normally stick to the sharp teeth and triangle eyes...lol
And congrats on winning a bottle of wine!

The boys look so cute!!
Happy Halloween to you all x
Hugs Clare x

pickle said...

WOW Zoe thats fab!! Enjoy the wine :) the kiddies look adorable in the costumes bless them xx

coops said...

wow this is fantastic zoe.we`ve still got to carve ours out :D
your 2 boys are gorgeous, they look fab in their costumes :D

xx coops xx